Friday, December 28, 2012

2012~blogging fail

So I know everyone is sick of hearing me say that I'm going to do a better job of blogging. I'm sick of hearing it. Everyone who has probably heard, or read, me saying this has probably already given up on actually following this blog. Well, I'm sorry. It has been a crazy year. I graduated (finally) with my BA in English and just finished student teaching, so life has been a little crazy. I haven't read nearly as much as I had hoped and when it came to writing in general, I just got lazy.
Well, a new year is upon us (thank goodness, with all that has been going on in the world, I was beginning to get a little worried about the Mayan prophecy), and here I am again vowing to blog about my journey through everything literature. I'm not going to make any promises, I obviously am no good at those, but I would really like to try and do better in 2013. So many great things happened this year and I really wish I would have documented them.
I started this blog to keep track of my reading, to have a place where I, and others, could go to discover great and not so great books. I also wanted this to be a place where my students could go to find a book that they may want to read. Since I actually have my teacher licensure now, perhaps I should actually create that space. I want to not only develop into a better reader, but a better writer as well, and I truly believe that in order to this, I must write more. I love that blogging allows writers to just write. If this blog does only one of these things it will be successful. To me it is not about how many followers I have, or who comments on what I write, it is about sharing my love of literature with the world, even if it is the world wide web ;).
In the year and a half that I have had this blog my love for literature and reading has not diminished, if anything it has grown and evolved. So here is to 2013, a year of reading and new discoveries. I hope whoever still follows this blog will continue to be patient with me, I know I need to make this a routine, something that is very difficult for me :)  If you are lucky, one more post might happen before the end of the year, but if not, I hope everyone has a safe and happy NEW YEAR!! Happy reading (and writing)!

2 comments:

  1. I have made the same promise with my blog. I enjoyed sharing so many things and just got lazy in my writing. I can't wait to read your blog and your literary findings! You should have your kiddo do some mini reviews too :). See you on the blogs. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aienay wohi rehtay hien chehray badal jatay hien. ZEENAT AMAN
    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs images from the Sundri kit by MK-Designs